The information we collect
Talania Ltd may gather certain types of information about the users of our site and services:
- Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or events. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
- Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites and systems. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
You may request a copy of personal information Talania Ltd holds about you by contacting us and upon payment of a fee of $35+GST, the Talania will provide you with a copy of the personal data it holds about you by email. We may ask for proof of your identity before providing any information and reserve the right to refuse to provide information requested if identity is not established.
Who we share this information with
We will not share the information that we collect with any third parties apart from in the following circumstances:
- The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
- Only if your prior permission has been obtained (which we would usually do at the time of collection), we may share the information with specified third parties.
What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites or using our solutions. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our services.
- To process any transactions that you might make on our system.
- To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your device and is recognized by our server when you using our services. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does usually provide details of your IP address, the platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Edge or Chrome) and what domain you are accessing our services from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our site and system.
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
- Allow you to enter certain services without having to log in each time you visit.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services.
Can we change this policy?